Night Sigh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night Sigh

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Authors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mystery
Mystery

Female
Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Character sheet
World truths:
Authors Left_bar_bleue99/100Authors Empty_bar_bleue  (99/100)

Authors Empty
PostSubject: Authors   Authors Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 1:17 am

For members of the authors group to chat about their books.
Back to top Go down
Mystery
Mystery

Female

Character sheet
World truths:

Authors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authors   Authors Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 1:20 am

Sneak preview

As per usual for a Sunday afternoon, we were taken to ‘frosty forest’, it’s real name being Rara Masuo forest. As per usual, it was cold.
A cruel wind whipped at our faces and bit our hands; even being nymphs and being able to resist many extreme temperatures we were having trouble to stop shivering. I glanced sideways. Curt’s teeth were chattering as he struggled to keep his scarf in place. He was only human after all. Everything was draped in a fine lair of crisp frost turning the vibrant colours of green into a cold and biter white.
“Don’t forget, today is your special assignment! Now, as you call it, buck up!” Mrs Wilca barked in her usual pompous tone. I was forcefully reminded of someone pretending to be posh in a 5-year-olds game, but sounding over the top.
The group of about 15 nymphs jostled and shoved as we struggled to form a tight semicircle around Mrs Wilca.
“May I remind you lords, ladies and future queens?” She exchanged a meaningful glance with me. “That today is of course, a day in which the queen-to-be is tested on her instincts. Now Linnac, stand over by the only oak tree in this forest.”
I walked calmly to a magnificent tree with old-ridged bark. Each step echoed higher than the forest canopies. I could no longer feel my feet. Huh, taken all the way out here just to study herb lore. We could have done that in a jungle full of rich soft soil with a warm climate, we had plenty. Oh no, we just have to go to a freezing place with packed tight soil and no visible way to grow anything.
I could hear nothing from where I was.
“Linnac come here now!” Mrs Wilca shouted. I took up a light jog and found a tiny bit of feeling had erupted in my toes. “Now your task for today is to grow a tree in two minutes. Everyone space out and take a seed.” I gasped.
“Two minutes!” I said in a small voice that was very high pitched, but the instructor had already moved off.
I positioned myself in the middle of the clearing, pale with shock. Two minutes! Even Mother Nature couldn’t grow a tree in two minutes.
“And begin!” She blew a short blast on her whistle.
I looked at the small seed in my hand. Well, first thing’s first. I bent down and inserted it into the soil and gently placed my palm over it. I couldn’t believe what I felt. A small throbbing, a bigger throbbing. I knew it was the plant’s life force; it knew I wanted it to grow.
I lifted my hand and the plant came with it. A sapling. I brushed my hands against it and it grew. Up and up, I kept a firm hold on it. I felt my feet lift from the floor…
“Times up! Now let’s see what you’ve all…” She let out an audible gasp as she looked up into the branches of my tree to see me sitting there. I looked around. Everyone else’s were no more than saplings. I slid down. Ellis had the misfortune to have a tropical plant which had not survived the climate; Curt’s had completely failed.
“Linnac. I’m, well, er im-impressed. Yes. You will have no homework. As for the rest of you,” She gazed sternly at the rest of the class. “You will have to practice that for next week. Now let’s give Linnac a round of applause.”
As they clapped, I glanced upward towards my tree. There was more than one oak in the forest now.

*This is a tiny preview of a typical lesson of my book. It's where Linnac first experiments with her new powers.*
Back to top Go down
Rose-Bad Wolf-Tyler

Rose-Bad Wolf-Tyler

Female
Number of posts : 12
Where? : Caught in a Blood feud between The Slayer and A Black Magick Witch
Registration date : 2007-03-07

Character sheet
World truths:
Authors Left_bar_bleue21/100Authors Empty_bar_bleue  (21/100)

Authors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authors   Authors Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 12:22 pm

Cool, I like it a lot! Great storyline!
Back to top Go down
Mystery
Mystery

Female

Character sheet
World truths:

Authors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authors   Authors Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 1:28 pm

Thanks! I e-mailed you the whole story up to where I've done so far. Do you like it?
Back to top Go down
HalfAngel
Lemur
Lemur
HalfAngel

Female
Number of posts : 23
Where? : Up on Cids airship, way above the clouds.

Character sheet
World truths:
Authors Left_bar_bleue63/100Authors Empty_bar_bleue  (63/100)

Authors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authors   Authors Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 10:51 am

Its a good start. But make sure you dont have Linnac being the best at everything.
Back to top Go down
http://cloudwinger.editboard.com
Mystery
Mystery

Female

Character sheet
World truths:

Authors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authors   Authors Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 11:01 am

I know, the only thing she's good at is anything to do with plants. She's rubbish at anything else apart from fighting and getting into life-threatning trouble again and again.
Back to top Go down
Mystery
Mystery

Female

Character sheet
World truths:

Authors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authors   Authors Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 12:12 am

ATTENTION ALL AUTHORS!!!

The battle of the bards is coming up. It is a one day event and it must take place before 2nd July 2007.

The battle of the bards gives you one hour to make up a prize winning poem. The winner receives the chance to become moderator for the group 'authors'.

If you would like to enter, post your name on 'authors' and put forward a suitable number of choices for date and time. It's only a chance to show off your skills at writing, because the prize isn't great- to be honest.
Back to top Go down
HalfAngel
Lemur
Lemur
HalfAngel

Female
Number of posts : 23
Where? : Up on Cids airship, way above the clouds.

Character sheet
World truths:
Authors Left_bar_bleue63/100Authors Empty_bar_bleue  (63/100)

Authors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authors   Authors Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Battle of the Bards entry Not that I actually care...cause yall hate me anyway...

Peace is but a shadow of Death,
Desperate to forget its painful past,
Though we hope for promising years,
After shedding a thousand tears,
Yesterday's sorrow constantly nears,
And while the moon shines blue,
By dawn, it will turn a scarlet hue.
Back to top Go down
http://cloudwinger.editboard.com
Mystery
Mystery

Female

Character sheet
World truths:

Authors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authors   Authors Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 8:54 am

I think it's an amazing poem, but its such a shame no one else entered. And why do you think everyone hates you?
Back to top Go down
Mystery
Mystery

Female

Character sheet
World truths:

Authors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authors   Authors Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:04 am

All authors, battle of the bards has a theme now- music. Use words to describe music. This is quite hard but if you give your poem a beat, it could sound like music. All entries must be in by 16th of March. Alternatively, you could rewrite a well-known (and it must be famous) song with your own lyrics. The entries for this must be posted on this thread by 20th of March. The prizes for both will be to rub it in everyone else's face or, if the winning entry is good enough, you may be instated into the children of war group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Authors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Authors   Authors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Authors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Night Sigh :: Many things! :: Wonders...-
Jump to: